Friday, October 20

Ten Things

Per thelizabeff's request.

ten things i really liked when i was a teenager that i don't much care for now:
1. competitive sports
2. competition in general (although I still have a tendency to be competitive...)
3. big cars
4. going to full priced movies
5. Britney Spears
6. Southern California
7. watching boys, thinking about boys, searching for boys, anything to do with boys.
8. pink cookies from 7-11
9. driving whenever possible
10. staying up all night and sleeping 'till noon

ten things i didn't much care for when i was a teenager that i really like now:

1. knee-high socks
2. yoga
3. feminine attire: make-up, high heels, skirts, etc.
4. arty/indie movies
5. spinach
6. going to classes
7. NPR
8. tea (!)
9. PSU
10. diet soda

ten things i've never much cared for and very likely never will:
1. cleaning - especially deep cleaning
2. grapefruit
3. suburbs
4. running
5. math
6. brussel sprouts
7. comic books
8. errands
9. feet
10. cleaning the kitty litter

ten things i've always really liked and very likely always will:
1. adventures
2. Portland
3. romantic comedies
4. New York City
5. Pride and Prejudice (both the novel and the BBC mini-series)
6. musicals
7. hanging out with my girlfriends
8. reading the paper
9. John Cusak
10. Christmas carols

By the way, this was really hard.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:::wild applause:::

Anonymous said...

christmas carols!!! :)

i'm in agreement w/ your food dislikes: grapefruit & brussel sprouts (otherwise known as broccoli gone rotten) are two of my least favorite foods in the universe, although i can't decide if they are also two of my top 10 least favorite things. probably. :)

Anonymous said...

I like grapefruit! Scott likes grapefruit AND brussel sprouts.

Anonymous said...

Mary, darling, much as I adore you now, I don't think we would have been very close if we'd gone to high school together.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Maime - highly entertaining. Incidently, Todd and I both like brussel sprouts and I like grapefruit - Todd's skeptical though. Taya, you always make me laugh - love your comment.

Anonymous said...

And where's the Zach, Ben and Vince mention from H.S.?

Mary Kreta said...

Taya, I agree that we may not have been friends in high school. You were far too advanced in so many ways. I would have been completely intimidated by you.

Greg point, Yen. I still think Zach is the greatest, but Ben and Vince have suffered from overexposure. I lost my admiration for Ben when he and JLo got together, and while I still think Vince is extremely cool and I like Jennifer Aniston just fine, the high profile romance cooled my jets a bit.