Monday, October 2

Who Gave My Kitties Speed?

Historically, I have had a hard time sleeping. In the last few weeks, though, I have been falling asleep easily, sleeping through the night, and waking up refreshed. Greg has been working 11pm-7am. As he gets ready for work, I get ready for bed, read for half an hour or so and then gently fall asleep. Did you catch that? I said gently. Yes, I have been gently falling asleep.

Things were going as planned and I slipped into a gentle slumber, only to be awaken after 15 minutes by a huge crashing noise. I bolted upright in bed and looked around, then turned on the light so I could actually see something. Kribi was literally jumping up and down and up and down and up and down. He was trying to get the hinge of the door. I yelled and laid back down. Then he started jumping all over the bedside table, knocking Greg's alarm clock on the floor, which started blaring music. I turned it off and scolded Kribi who looked at me as if I were telling him that he was a good little boy. I laid back down and a short time later a plastic grocery bag was being played with and the crinkling noise was stopping any chance I had to find rest. I drug the bag, with two kittens attached to the living room and told them to stay, then closed the door behind me.

They found a way back in about half an hour later. I know this because Greg's alarm went off again. I tried to stay calm. I attempted deep breathing and holding the thumb of my left hand with my right one as it is supposed to help you relax. Then a large ruckus came from under the bed. I got down to grab them and put them outside again and found that Limbe was inside the box spring and they were playing with each other through the felt. I began whining and slightly weeping. They both came over to investigate and I grabbed them, put them on the couch in the living room, and closed my bedroom door completely.

I was so aggravated and wound-up I didn't go to sleep until 2:30am.

Greg got home at 7:30am and let the cats in. The immediately sat on my chest touching my nose with their noses asking me to get up. I said no, which is an answer they would not accept.

No comments: