Tuesday, October 10

It's Like Looking in the Mirror

I have a friend named Steve and he is a writer/writing teacher/private investigator, a combo which I think is fantastic. He sent me an e-mail the other day, a snippet of which follows:

Maybe you should concentrate on becoming an overnight literary sensation, the voice of cosmopolitan young women who are forced by their husbands to live in backwoods hovels and do menial labor. You could write a memoir and turn it into a movie and become filthy rich and then move back to Portland where your husband could cook and clean while you hold court at some fancy Pearl District bar.

I figure the very best way to concentrate on being an overnight literary sensation is to figure out who would play me in the movie. The only actress I've ever been compared to is Claire Danes, but I think we've lost our similarities, so I'm stumped. Can you help me out? Who do you think would play me in a movie? (And while you're at it, who would play you?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can picture you as claire danes or claire danes as you but i don't really know you so i don't know what similarities you lost. :)

me would be winona ryder, when her hair is super short. or alyssa milano (again w/ the short hair).