Monday, October 2

Men In Trees

There is a new show on ABC about a NYC relationship expert who ends up in a small town in Alaska with a broken heart and confusion as to what to do with her life. I thought this would be a good show to watch, I mean if a New York girl can love it, then certainly a girl from a small city like Portland can find something. So I watched half the show last week and all of the show this week. My plan was to write this long, deep, and insightful posting about how the show intersects with my life and how I can learn from the Merrin character. Then all of my problems would be solved.

This is not happening because a) it is not a very good show, b) the "lesson" of the show didn't match up with the "lesson" I feel I need to be learning, and c) I can't figure out how to weave my page of notes into a narrative. As a result, I am going to write a non-verbatim quote and my random thoughts on it and be on my merry little way.

Merrin: "When is the Post Office going to re-open? I would like my winter clothes that were sent to me from New York."
Post Master: "What is wrong with the clothes we have here? Fancy pants.
Merrin: "Nothing if you like hip-waders. I will just sit here and wait for the Post Office to reopen so I can get my actual fancy pants."

I have two things to say that are only tangentially related to this quote:
1) she was wearing tan fish-nets, just like my EZBeth does, and I am thinking this is something I should jump on. I used to think I couldn't pull them off, but I have recently changed my mind.
2) I was up here last October visiting Greg and had an adorable little outfit on that included: sweater, short green skirt, tights, knee high socks, cute wrestling-type sneakers. As I was standing in line at the coffee shop a woman behind me actually said, "What are you wearing?" Come to think of it, she may have been wearing hip-waders.

I aplogize for the lame-o posting. It seemed like a better idea in my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I am crying!!! You are so f'ing funny!!!

Some receptionist keeps telling me to watch this show. I might have to after reading your blog Mare.

Mary Kreta said...

::: Clap Hands! Clap Hands! :::

I think I want some for Christmas.