Monday, October 9

Coats

I have been resisting the urge to get out my big coats. As a result, I have been freezing my ass off everyday in a variety of different sweater ensembles. Yesterday I decided that I was acting crazy and that I should just put on a stupid coat.

But I can't find them. I have three coats (my pea coat, my Paris coat, and my snowboarding jacket). They are not where Greg and I thought they were, they're not in any random closet, they're not tucked into any luggage, and they're not in our storage unit with the bikes.

Now I'm not wearing a coat because I can't find one not because of some silly principle about denying the fact that I live in a very cold place. This reasoning makes me feel not only very cold, but very silly as well (I have a sneaking suspicion that this is actually a better excuse for not wearing a coat, but not in my pretty little head).

My whole point here is: where the hell are my coats?!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made it through my life up to 23 without any coats that were meant for non-decorative purposes. Then I moved to Moscow Idaho where it began to snow in October and snow lay on the ground until May. Remember that I had only seen snow twice before in my life. In a denial similar to yours, I did not buy a coat. I did not own a car. I spent those nine snowy months in a suede jacket and a red puffy vest walking a mile and a half to school, grocery store, laundry mat, etc. Granted it wasn't Alaska, but it was generally just above zero. The following year I bought a NorthFace coat and every one made fun of me for being too puffy. I only wore it once. I am an advocate for suffering for fashion. However I currently have a closet full of coats. If you had bought the br leopard lined classic black wool that matches me and Lisa and Elizabeth, you would never have lost it because it would have represented our friendship. It would have warmed you.

Anonymous said...

oh no - did you forget them in Portland? did a box get lost in the move? and are you allergic to down? because if you're not, I can send you one of my old snowboarding coats that I haven't gotten rid of b/c I love it but it's made of down so I can't wear it and I have three others so it's not like I NEED it...

Mary Kreta said...

I have faith that I'll find them, Carolyn, but thanks for the super generous offer.

Anonymous said...

I am sending you my Billy Goat hide, I hope it fits.

Anonymous said...

did you find them yet? it's getting coooooold here...

Mary Kreta said...

No! I've been doubling up my sweatshirts and jean jackets. I saw a coat the other day that was a pretty good deal - I need to go get it.