I just completed the first disk of season five of Dawson's Creek (I really need to start blogging about some books or something and stop all this jabber about movies and tv). The gang graduated from high school last season and I was intrigued about how they would keep the series running for two more seasons with all the main characters in different colleges across the country. The first few episodes were kinda disappointing and it's a good thing I had my cross stitch to keep me occupied. But then, at the end of the third episode Dawson's dad up and gets killed in a car crash.
I wasn't prepared for this, boys and girls. I spent the next 45 minutes bawling watching the funeral episode. It wasn't pretty. Limbe crawled on my lap for a quality cuddle, just like she does every time I cry. His poor wife and brand new baby. And Dawson, while he's never been my favorite character (a title reserved in all eternity for Pacey), I felt for him. And so, I'd like to offer up a minute of silence for Mitch Leary.
(Not that anyone will do it because no one actually reads this site. Have you seen the lack of comments lately? It's enough to make this blogger feel a little lonelier...)
Saturday, September 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
DC = "pacey's pond" that's how i think of it.
i used to have a rhetorical question posted on my web site "Where is my Pacey?"
so is this a fresh watch of DC to you? have you never seen the series finale? i have to be careful what i comment, i don't want to give anything away.
(p.s. I got to you via Megan, who is your biggest fan.)
Don't worry, we illiterate lurkers are reading.
I was a Pacey girl, myself.
I think you can tell a great deal about a girl by the TV characters she covets.
I loved Wash on Firefly.
Libby on Carnivale.
Claire's redheaded ex-boyfriend on Six Feet Under.
Eric on Entourage.
Nice to meet you Carolyn. I like you right away for two reasons:
1. you're friends with Megan
2. you realize that a careful study of Pacey Whitter will provide a list of qualities to make up the perfect guy.
I watched the first two seasons and then moved to a place that didn't get The WB. From that point on I missed out on Felicity, Buffy, and Dawson's Creek. Please don't give anything away!
And Megan - Maybe when I'm done with this teenage soap I'll move on to some of those "smart" shows you watch.
This post made me laugh out loud. Er, I mean, cry, cry so very, very hard.
I bawled my eyes out when Billy died on Ally McBeal. But no one watched that show by that time in the series, so I mourn alone.
Elizabeth!
For Billy, you most certainly do NOT mourn alone!
I'm so grateful! Although, to qualify, I mourn for pre-tumor, pre-bleach, pre-parade of babes Billy.
P.S. Confidential to Mary: speaking of no readers, have you looked at my blog lately?!? Four straight posts with zero comments! Get your tail over my MY lonely little blog, pronto...
OK. Everyone join me, okay? http://dybip.typepad.com/.
Post a Comment