I came up with a theory a little while back asserting that whether or not I am having a good hair day is an indicator of whether I am having a good day in general. It’s not that I am (that) tied to how my hair looks, but that somehow my hair predetermines or predicts my day and mood. This may not be an altogether original thought, or even a good one. But it was a working theory.
It is blown out of the water today, let me tell you. My hair is horrific and atrocious. Limp and bland and ugly. It won’t do anything I want (in fact I think all my efforts make it worse). I am about to go stand in front of a classroom of people in a terribly cute outfit with hair that looks like it should be burned off the top of my head. I mean it’s baaaaaad. If I had my camera with me I’d take a self-portrait and post it for you.
So I would assume that I am having a bad day. But I’m having an okay day. Nothing great or grand, but just fine. I tutored for four hours, but no one showed up so I worked a little bit on class preparations, perused the internet, read some backlog of Crazy Aunt Purl's Blog, read a bit of my book, wrote in my journal, etc. I am a little bit cold, but this office is always cold and that's not a legitimate complaint given my location.
The reason I share this with you is that it makes me nervous. Does this mean that I will fall all over myself in class? Will they ask me a question I don't know the answer to and then laugh me out of the room? Will I say something mortifying? I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and I wish it had before now. I can't have hair this bad and expect life to go on as if nothing was wrong.
Friday, September 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well this opens up the whole metaphysical question: does my attitude attract experiences?
How do we balance thoughts vs reality? This may be too much for you Alaskans! On second thought, I saw a moose once having a bad hair day and I backed right off!
Post a Comment