Friday, September 8

Internet Quizzes

I know. I know. This is silly, right? You don't care. At all. But I am having a good time with this and I want to share this ridiculousness with my favorite people. Besides, you can learn a few extra things about me.

Your Linguistic Profile:
60% General American English
15% Upper Midwestern
10% Dixie
10% Yankee
0% Midwestern

Where did this upper midwestern come from?

And tell me what the relevance of this is:
Your 1920's Name is:

Ione Jannie
What's Your 1920's Name?

The only Ione I ever heard of was Ione Skye, ex-wife of a Beastie Boy and star of one of the best movies of all time: Say Anything.





You Should Get a PhD in Liberal Arts (like political science, literature, or philosophy)

You're a great thinker and a true philosopher.
You'd make a talented professor or writer.
What Advanced Degree Should You Get?

Thank goodness I am on the right track. I didn't really want to start all over.


You Are a Rainbow

Breathtaking and rare
You are totally enchanting and intriguing
But you usually don't stick around long!

You are best known for: your beauty

Your dominant state: seducing
Well this is nice, huh? I didn't say anything about being pretty or seductive, either. I think this is my favorite.

Your Inner European is Dutch!

Open minded and tolerant.
You're up for just about anything.

Yea Me!

I think this is enough, yes? I'm sorry to put you through this. I really am. I just got carried away.
Come back? Please?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mare--I hope the tutoring picks up or else we're all doomed to read more kooky internet surveys. ;) J/K--they were somewhat entertaining. Who the heck sat down and decided to create those things anyway?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these quizzes. My 20s name, unfortunately, is Bobbie Robbie. But, aha, despite the unfortunate rhyme, this is rather cool because in the 20s my grandmother went by Bobbie. Also, I am rain and should get an MFA. How does it know? I am also a glazed donut and beer. And here you all thought I was exotic.

Ione Skye is (ohmygod!) Donovan's daughter. Few people know this. I, however, dated a guy (once) who used to babysit Ione Skye in exchange for coke from Donovan. He was probably too old for me.

Kisses.

Mary Kreta said...

How did you know Steffnie?!?

Quick! Raise your hand if you love Taya!
:::arm waving widly and almost jumping out of my seat:::

Anonymous said...

Upper midwestern? Gee, where, you think? :::taps foot::: Honestly, I've always heard a little of the sconnie in you, and mine's a fine-tuned ear to such sounds.

Mary Kreta said...

Ok, fine. Get me some of them Sconnie shorts!

Anonymous said...

I'm kidding, dearie. But if it's Sconnie shorts you want...