Sunday, September 3

Art Films

Let me start by saying one of my favorite places in town is Bear's Tooth Theatre and Pub. They have second-run $3 movies, great locally-brewed beer, and some mighty fine pizza. Greg and I go there a lot and have seen some great movies there (including an awesome Auzzie flick called Look Both Ways). Bear's Tooth hosts Art House Monday every (duh) Monday that Greg and I probably hit about one a month (but always plan on more).

Also, I think that Office Space is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. How many times have I said
"You've been missing a lot of work"
"I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."
"That guy is management material."
in the middle of a conversation? Too many to count, I'd say. My roommate in college and I kept a copy in our dorm room and would watch it when we needed a pick me up.

Office Space is playing on Art House Monday this week. I appreciate it's cult classic-ness and am excited to see it in the theatre (because I only saw in on DVD and I am sure anyone else sitting in the theatre love it as much or more than I do) but an art film? Really?

This reminds me of last summer when I went to the independent film section of Anchorage's Blockbuster and saw that it was one rack and filled with movies like Carmen Electra's Stripper Workout - there were several different versions available. Have I mentioned we subscribe to Netflix?

I'm going to see Office Space tomorrow night at The Bear's Tooth, if anyone wants to join me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see "Office Space" But I live in a cultural desert called Portland and it is not playing.

Mary Kreta said...

tee hee.