My husband, George*, has always been very popular. He's the kind of guy that makes friends everywhere he goes and has a million "best friends." I think this is because he appreciates people for who they are without expectations and is an all-around good time guy.
I, meanwhile, get little crushes on people and will come home to George and in Swinger-esque fashion say, "[insert name here] is soooo cool. She is way too cool for me. She'd never be friends with me. Do you think I'm cool enough to be her friend? Wow. I hope she calls me soon. Should I call? No, I'll wait. Should I wait?"
George was at work today and someone who may or may not be his supervisor said, "you know, I only really have three friends here." (I interrupted George while he was telling me this story and asked him how long this bloke has lived here. George said "19 years." !!!) The man who may or may not be George's supervisor then said, "all of my three friends are out of town this weekend, so I think I might call you. Do you play tennis?" George beamed at me and said "I think [insert name here] asked to be my friend! I think I'll say yes."
Isn't that cute? I wonder if the man who may or may not be George's supervisor talked to his wife last night and asked her whether or not he was cool enough to be George's friend.
* name has been changed to comply with request to not embarrass those in the story
Tuesday, August 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Huh... I just *can't* imagine who this mysterious "george" fellow might be... hmmm...
Considering there's a g, an r, and a g in "George's" name, I think the encription is easy to desipher. I'm running some computer progams now and will get back to you all.
Kate
HA.
My husband's boss recently threw us a surprise wedding shower. My husband--we'll call him Calvin--had shown a co-worker my blog, and there was a big discussion about it at the shower, and now all Calvin's co-workers and his boss read it and I am under instruction to no longer write about Calvin doing silly/drunk things.
I think Calvin and George will be friends.
I think Calvin and George will have a smashing time together in about a week. As will their fantastically wonderful and beautiful wives.
By the way, you should join Calvin's boss and read Megan's blog. The best I've ever read, and documented as one of the best in Chicago. www.meganstielstra.com
Post a Comment