I am officially eating my words. I told myself I'd never have a blog. I didn't want everyone having access to me and my inner thoughts and feelings. But, as I sit in this soon-to-be frigid environment I realize I need to get over myself.
So, here are the reasons I decided to get a blog:
1) I live in a ridiculous place that generally stops me in my tracks at least once a day to say "What the hell?"
2) I am ridiculous in that I am kicking and screaming trying not to become one of them. I have a sneaking suspicion that I am making a fool of myself but I don't know anyone to tell me that.
3) I was talking to Greg's step-cousin, someone who grew up here and then moved to Chicago, and he told me that I need to laugh about Alaska because otherwise I'll just cry all the time. (He knows - his dentist growing up had a hook for a right hand. I'm not joking.)
4) My mom said I should.
6) I started watching the first disk of season 4 of Dawson's Creek. Thank God Netflix takes about 2-4 days to provide the next disk as I promised myself only one episode and, well, I watched the whole disk.
5) I miss my friends and family and figure this will keep me connected (It'll work, right?).
So read everyday, all the time. Comment on my blog and make me feel loved. I'll tell you stories of my life up here. Deal? OK? Please?
And, by the way, I don't want any comments as to whether or not I was a hip urbanite. I was in my mind, dammit.
