Sunday, August 13

Portland

I am in Portland.

I love it. I love it. I love it. I love it. I really, really love it.

Here are some things about Portland that I found in Willamette Week's new Finder that may contribute to why I like it so very much:

Number of bridges in Portland: 10

Multnomah County's rank among US counties for percentage of same-sex couples: 13

Number of books on Powell's downtown bookshelves: 750,000

Portland's rank among cities for number of coffee shops: 3

Percentage of TriMet riders who choose public transportation over driving: 77

Rank of Portland as breast-feeding friendly city: 1

Based on poll of Starbucks outlets in Portland the estimated percentage of local Starbucks baristas with a bachelor degree or higher: 23

Gallons of beer that the 45 brewer-members of the Oregon Brewers Guild produced in 2005: 20.77 million

Portland is one of the most solidly liberal places in the country: 70% voted for John Kerry. WW projects that the sharpest divisions lie between mainstream Subaru liberals and the hard-core eco-anarchists.

the Urban Growth boundary

The Urban Iditarod where 5 dressed-up humans pull a shopping carts full of booze making stops at bars and restaurants.

Bicycle magazine named Portland the #1 overall biking city in the country

Southeast = the eclectic side of town (i.e. wacky, hippy-and-hipster infused).

There is plenty more to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Number of Elizabeths that already miss Mary:
01