Thursday, August 24

Random Thoughts on a Rainy Day

- I am back in Anchorage and it is really pouring. Alaskan rain - not Portland rain

- I really love my friends in Portland. Where I fall a little short, they bring me up. (For example, Elizabeth helps me be cool while at the same time being geeky together, Taya reminds me what it means to be lovely and non-judgmental, Kate allows me to wear my heart on my sleeves and know I'll always be safe with her, Lisa shows me ambition, Todd and Jen blend the line between family and friends so there is no line, Jamey proves that friend's boyfriend really just means friend, Scott makes sophistication casual and accessible. I could go on and on and talk about Dan and Steve and Martha and others.)

- This is the first time I have had an hour to sit by myself and think in over two weeks. I like it. I like the Blues that are playing in the background with the sound of rain trinkling through during slow sections. I like the way the light is hitting the caramel colored walls of my living room. I like my two sweet angels (also called kittens) sleeping beside me. I like my fancy-pants MacBook I just bought. I like that Greg is coming home in 45 minutes. I like that today I think it will all be okay.

- I am very appreciative of my sister-in-law, Megan, because she has really stepped up to the plate to help me keep from feeling too discouraged. For example, I have a list of tangible things I can do to help me each day. A lot of them are going to help me in career development, which an added bonus.

- My kittens seemed a bit indifferent to me the first night back home, but they are now all over me again. And the love of my kitties makes me Very Happy.

- I have yet to get things in order for my classes, which start in less than a week. Tomorrow morning. For sure.

No comments: