Tuesday, August 29

Alaska's Favorite Mall

There are several questions/issues I have with this sign.

1) Was it only Anchorage's favorite mall, but it recently overtook the title of Alaska's favorite mall?

2) How do they determine whether the Dimond Center is Anchorage's favorite mall, let alone Alaska's. Is it based on sales, a poll, or is this all a fancy advertising gimmick?

3) You'll note that Dimond is spelled wrong. It's spelled wrong everywhere. Dimond Blvd, Dimond High School, etc. I can only hope this was someone's last name and that it wasn't supposed to be diamond. This has bothered me since the first time I was in Anchorage, although clearly not enough to do any historical research.

On a side note, if I had to pick a mall (and in Anchorage you kinda do have to) I would definitely pick 5th Avenue Mall. I am a downtown kinda gal, I guess.

No comments: