Friday, August 25

Some Good 'Ol Alaskan Politics

Well, the big news up here regards the primary elections in the gubernatorial race. There are several things of note I thought I'd share with you.
First, Tony Knowles won the democratic seat, which is no big surprise as he was the two term governor before the current administration.
Second, Sarah Palin kicked Frank Murkowski's ass in the republican race. This is a HUGE deal because Frank was a US Senator for 27 years before he breezed into the Governor's chair. But then he made some mistakes, like appointing his daughter to his senate seat and being an all-around arrogant poo-poo head (read Beth Brag's commentary to get a better understanding of Frank and what this all means ).
Finally, on election day one of Frank's campaign volunteers got shot. Seriously.
Ok, that is not exactly a fair statement. The good citizen got caught in the cross fire between two cousins fighting over their baby's mama. Check it out.
This last story is so good I can't come up with any witty remarks - so have at it in the comments.

No comments: