Thursday, December 7

It's Raining Friends, Hallelujah, It's Raining Friends!

My social life seems to have been resurrected in four ways. It all happened since last Friday and I am not sure how or why everything chose to converge in early December, but I am not complaining. I have been tentative to share this with you because I didn't want to jinx it, but I am a little excited.

Resurrection #1: My friend Stephanie, who used to read this blog a lot but will probably stop now, has officially moved back to Anchorage from upstate New York. She is staying at my house until she finds a more permanent residence, which means that there is activity in the house. And that I have one more friend in Anchorage. And someone to have a cocktail or two with at night. Hooray!

Resurrection #2: The downstairs neighbor I have been wooing is officially my friend (we haven't discussed it, I've just inferred). Just this week we have:
  • gone to a lecture about dance choreographed specifically for film
  • had tea in my living room
  • gone to a film at the Anchorage International Film Festival
  • loaned each other our Netflix before sending them back
  • made tentative plans for Saturday (pending the timing of plans with Resurrection #3)
Resurrection #3: A prof in my department invited me to another film festival movie on Tuesday (it was a good movie filmed on Whidbey Island and starred the same kid as Van Sant's Elephant). She also invited me over for a get together on Saturday evening - the timing of which is in-flux and may influence my "date" with my neighbor.

Resurrection #4: My one-friend Jillian (who, I guess, it no longer my one-friend, but my first-friend) has had more time in her schedule this week, so I have seen her twice!

I am quite pleased with myself and am looking forward to not being quite so bored.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mrs. Mac-Kreta...you are oh so wrong. What you don't know is that I am stalking you. Not only do I read your blog-and will continue to do so- but I know where you live, how you take your tea, your favorite morning news show, and how much you love honey.

Anonymous said...

wow - impressive. i have been in chicago longer than you have been there but you are having much more success socially than i !! :)