Monday, August 27

blah, blah, blah

I've been gone so long I hardly know what to say, so I think I'll do another one of my (in)famous postings in which I ramble with no cohesion.

I'm tired, dude. Seriously. I've slept through the night once since I left Alaska and that just aint enough. I already tried for an hour tonight.

My mom is training for an international dragon boat competition in Sydney next month. She's in the Grand Master category, which makes me want to call her Grand Master Flash. In all seriousness, she's training really hard and doing a great job. Paddling, lifting weights, and stretching daily. I'm quite proud of her.

I get to be an aunt again as my sister-in-law, Megan, is preggo. I've been super excited and been waiting for her to officially announce it so that I can publicly say "hooray!" Go to meganstielstra.com/blog to hear all about it. Or go there to discover a brilliant writer who is funny, talented, and insightful.

While we're talking about Megan, I am assigning one of her stories to my students, which is wicked cool. I'll try to play it cool when I pass it out, but I want to say, "dude! This is my sister! Isn't she incredible?"

Scott and Taya's wedding (you know the one I kept talking about) was beautiful. I have some pictures that I'll upload to flickr later, but I'm not on my computer because I don't have wireless where I am staying. She was beautiful in blue, he was handsome in a big 'ol beard, and neither one wore shoes. They wrote the ceremony themselves and sprinkled it with lots of poems. The venue was a spectacular cove complete with visiting osprey.

My friend Daniel, who I met in Spain, was in town last week. We hung out a few times and went to a John Lennon tribute concert at the Doug Fir. While there I won an ipod shuffle. Could I be anymore excited? I never win anything. The only thing I can recall winning, and I have been thinking about this for several days, is a corned beef at a St. Patty's day party when I was in high school. I am still all tickled that I can take my shuffle running or a bike ride and not have to lug my big one around.

This is a lame posting, I know. And I'm sorry. Next time I'll be better. I just had to get something out there and quit waiting for inspiration.

I'm going to try to go to sleep (again).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I decided to check your blog for the 10th or so time since you departed AK and was delighted to see an update!! It was not lame at all. I will call you soon. Miss you. XOXO ~S.S~ p.s. got my tix to Europe! woohoo

Anonymous said...

email me your new address dude so i can send you my latest mix...

Anonymous said...

A little birdie told me you are now living in St. Johns, the greatest neighborhood in Portland. Is this thrilling rumor true?

Mary Kreta said...

Spine - Yes, I am moving to your neighborhood in a few weeks. September 14th, to be exact. I am totally stoked and saw the sign for wrestling the other day. Can't wait to be your neighbor.