I've had it up to here with cold weather.
:::jumping up and down with my arm extended trying to reach as high as possible:::
There is a spike in suicides and divorce rates in Alaska in March and I know why. (There is no danger of either, I am just illustrating a point, so chill). Researchers say it is because people always say when spring comes things will be better and then spring comes and things aren't better. I have been saying this to myself for a while - once it gets lighter and warmer I will feel better. Baby, it aint happenin. We now have sunlight over 10 hours a day, which is very helpful - I am able to get out of bed without crawling into the shower too tired to weep. But it is still unbearably cold and I have lost my patience with waiting to be warm. February was brutal and didn't snow at all. I woke up to a forcast of a foot of snow and was horrified when I stepped outside and I was freezing and the wind had still not let up. I just want to walk outside without wanting the bitch-slap the weather.
In case you haven't noticed, I still really don't like it here. The only thing I can do is quote Cordelia: I have lost all will to cheerlead
Wednesday, March 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
funny all these people in chicago are whining about exactly the same thing and i'm pretty damn sure it's neither as cold nor as dark as it is there!!
Plus, there are a lot of diversions in Chicago to make the weather a little more bearable.
Post a Comment