Thursday, March 29

Random Thoughts Round II

Quite a while ago I did a posting about nothing in particular and I think I will do it again. Just write and see what comes out.

1. I have been a bad blogger lately and it really only matters to perhaps two people in the whole world. The first one is Ebeth, but we IM fairly frequently, so I don't think she cares when I don't post. The other one is, well... I don't know, but someone else probably cares. Back when I used to look at who looked at my blog I had a frequent reader from Texas, so perhaps that person missing my musings. I doubt it though. They've probably moved on to bigger and better blogs.

2. I went to a psychic a while ago. Do you remember? I think I have referenced it a few times. Anyway she told me that I would go to Hawaii next year. I thought this was weird because while I wouldn't kick Hawaii outta bed, it is not necessarily high on my list (Thailand is totally kicking Hawaii's ass in regard to the next beach I want to go to - after Spain, of course). It turns out that she was a little off because my brother just got a new job (yea!) and will be traveling to Hawaii four times a year. I think it is pretty interesting that the psychic got my brother and I confused. What I care more about, though, is that my brother stole my trip to Hawaii. It's like we're kids again and he swiped my new toy. All of a sudden I really want to go to Hawaii.

3. Greg works a lot. We all know that. He averages 60-70 hours a week. Needless to say I don't see him much. However, we were lucky enough to spend some time together recently and I have to say, I really like him. He's a fun guy. It's not like I forget that I like/love him. Obviously that's not the case. But it does sometimes catch me off guard how much I really like just hanging out with him and I would like to do it more.

4. In order to see Greg I had to drive to Whittier last weekend. If you recall, Whittier is a town about an hour south of Anchorage and through a 3 mile one-way tunnel that cuts through a mountain. You can enter the town at the half hour and exit on the hour from the hours of 9-5. Land is limited so everyone lives/stays in one 15 story building. No joke - it is the condos, apartments, hotel, and bed and breakfast. Anyway, I wanted to spend some time with Greg so I drove down when I got done teaching on Saturday afternoon. We were given the Safari Suite. However, the only safari element was one painting of a baby tiger in what looked like a studio setting. The rest of the decorations were orcas and watercolors of Southwest architecture. We ate dinner at the only restaurant and when I ordered the cheeseburger he told me to make sure it was cooked all the way through and would not expand on why this was important.

5. This semester is killing me. It is mostly my fault because I accidentally bit off more than I could comfortably chew when I was offered another class late in the game. There is also an indescribable element that makes me feel like pulling my hair out and I cannot wait until it is all done and I can stop feeling like I want to hide under a rock.

6. It has been over 30 degrees all week. Things are starting to melt and I can now walk outside without fearing that my ears will fall off.

7. Kribi is getting fat but Greg doesn't want me to talk about it with you because it might give the little guy a complex.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't steal your trip. You're dumb.

Mary Kreta said...

You're stupider, stupid-head.

Anonymous said...

1. I am that other person.
2. I want a brother that I can call Stupid-head. Oh, wait: I can call Greg Stupid-head! Tell him I say he's a Stupid-head.
3. Christopher works crazy hours, too, excpet a good chunk of it is him sitting in his office at home, so even though it feels as though he's far away I can still go in and watch him (or, more accurately, jump up and down and yell PAY ATTENTION TO ME!).
4. My dad just left. There's been a lot of moose burgers.
5. Last week it was eighty degrees in Chicago and yesterday it snowed. Take THAT.

XOXOXOXOX