Wednesday, February 21

Lucky Number 6

Thelizabeff tagged me to do this lame-o list of six odd things about me or else she would make the list for me. I am little scared because I have always been the kind of person that people feel okay telling me about quirks in my personality and I am not sure I want to add 6 new neurosis to the world at large. I'm doing it today for the following reasons:
- I am afraid of thelizabeff - I imagine her like a cat in that she's lovely, spry, and not someone you want mad at you.
- I have a lot of work to do and I am very tired of working.
- I feel like this: blaaaah. I might as well wallow in my oddities.
If you want to see Thelizabeff's list click here

Here we go:

1. I often get the overwhelming sensation that I am not nearly old enough to do a lot of the everyday things in life. Surprisingly it is rarely things like "I have to pay a mortgage." I am far more likely to get overcome with the idea that I am going to get out of the shower and walk onto my closet in my bedroom where there is A BOY IN THE BED. A real boy. There is a boy right on the other side of this door and he won't think anything of seeing me without clothes on. My inner 13-year-old just cannot believe that this is reality. Or even something as mundane as grocery shopping. I will walk through the aisles with my shopping cart and think, "I have a shopping cart and I am buying food for my household. I am an adult? That can't be right? Can it?"

2. I read a study when I was in college reporting that people that breathe with their mouths open tend to have lower IQs than people who breathe through their nose with their mouths closed. As a result, whenever I catch myself breathing through my mouth I catch myself and close my mouth immediately and think "be smart, Mary, be smart." As if closing my mouth will somehow make me smarter.

3. I call my kittens my kids, as in "Hi Kids!" when I walk through the door. Greg gets mad.

4. When I am super-duper tired and cannot sleep (which is actually quite often) I actually burst into tears. Then I get a headache. I also curse really loud. None of these things help with getting to sleep.

5. When I was a kid my immediate family called me The Bear because I was so cranky when I woke up. I was really mean. I still am, but I try really, really hard to be civil. It is still best if you give me half an hour before you start talking to me, though.

6. When I see kids having a temper-tantrum in public I am often envious of them. There are tooooooons of times I want to jump up and down and yell at everyone to get away from me because I have just had it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers. I relate to at least three of them. I call my cats "chickens" when I get home, as in, "Hi, chickens!" I also call small children chickens, though not to their face.

Anonymous said...

1. Sometimes we call the dog "The baby." As in, "Did you feed the baby?"

2. When I was little, my dad called me Cranky Frank. He still calls me Frank sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Thelizabeff tagged me to do this lame-o list of six odd things about me[...]

I don't like your tone. Frankly, your tone has killed my participatory spirit.

Mary Kreta said...

I am sorry. I love you. Please participate.