What a day for news, huh?
- Alaska elected its first female governor, Sarah Palin, who the Anchorage Daily News reported is as conservative as you can get.
- The United States has the first female speaker of the house, Nancy Pelosi, whose politics are almost exactly opposite of Sarah Palin's.
- Diane Benson received 40% of the vote for Alaska's sole seat in the US Congress, which is the closest anyone has come to Don Young in decades.
- I kept my record as having no one I vote for win the election (it's pretty amazing, really. It's almost as if I am a curse).
AND
- Britney Spears filed for divorce from Kevin Federline. Both are seeking custody of the kids and Federline is asking spousal support.
Tomorrow cannot possibly beat today. I mean, I barely made it out of my house today for fear I'd miss something on tv (like who won the Virginia senate race).
1 comment:
i love your new photo dude.
alaska's reps in congress are a mighty scary bunch. cannot believe how such a locale consistently elects people whose main goal in life is to fuck over the environment. truly baffling.
it's pleasant being cocooned in the bluest county apparently in the US. crazy eh.
have you been watching friday night lights? because if not, you need to. this is our new dawson's creek i'm telling you. and tim riggins is all mind so hands off the bad boy.
later, gator.
Post a Comment