When I got married my aunt gave me a book of recipes she received from my other aunt when she got married. It is full of wildly exciting and exotic recipes like spam casserole. My favorite, though, has always been wiener casserole but I have never had the nerve to make it. However, this New Year's Eve my parents were visiting and I decided that it was time to go back in history. So I did. The results were that Greg refused to eat it, my step-father liked it a lot, and my mother was a good sport.
In case you want to try it yourself, here is the recipe:
1 pound diced wieners
2 cups chopped cheddar cheese
1 can of corn
1 can of olives
1 can of beans
1 small onion
2 cups of ketchup (!)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsn sugar
Mix together and bake for 1 hour at 350
Monday, January 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i can't wait to eat this. weiners = good. olives = good. ketchup = good!
sounds like a win/win.
Greg's a weiner!
Post a Comment